The GrowerSELECT® Grow-Disk™ feeding system offers a wide range of flexibility to provide swine feeding solutions in farrowing, gestation and finishing layouts. Our quality components are teamed with the GrowerSELECT Grow-Disk controller to reliably provide complete feed delivery system management.
- Grow-Disk gives producers the ability to feed multiple farrowing rooms, rows of gestation stalls, stanchion or finishing pens with a single system that gently conveys all types of feed.
- Grow-Disk isn’t controlled by a switch in the last feeder, meaning greater flexibility in pig management because pigs can be sorted from any pen without affecting the feed system’s operation.
- Grow-Disk systems only require two motors in most layouts; reducing total equipment and electrical wiring costs in new construction and remodel projects by allowing motors to be installed closest to where power enters the building.
The Grow-Disk drive unit case is constructed of 304 stainless steel and is powered by a high-efficiency 1-1/2 HP electric drive motor. The high-efficiency motor and matched gear box deliver the required torque to operate the system while keeping operational costs low.
The Grow-Disk drive unit is built using quality components and efficiently powers the system to meet the feed delivery needs of both sow and finishing farms. Interior view with side cover removed shown.
- A steel sprocket wheel drives the chain as it passes through the drive unit while the chain tensioner assembly maintains proper tension on the chain for optimal performance
- Two safety switches; one located on the chain tensioner and the other on the access cover, prevent chances for injury or damage to the system’s components
- A clamping safety rod provides additional increased operator safety compared to cable or spring options when the drive unit is open
- Connects seamlessly with Grow-Disk galvanized feed pipe and the Grow-Disk stainless steel fill hopper assembly
GrowerSELECT Soft Starter (HSCD-100-SS)
Recommended on Grow-Disk installations greater than 1,000 feet in total length. The soft starter system reduces strain and start-up impact on system components by starting the drive unit motor slower over a period of 3 seconds before it reaches normal operating speed.
Grow-Disk chain is manufactured from superior hardened steel with injection molded low-friction nylon disks that resist slipping and smoothly convey feed during operation.
- Grow-Disk systems feature superior grade hardened steel chain that is stronger than galvanized chain, which is weakened by heat during the galvanizing process
- Injection molded 44mm nylon disks are designed to resist slipping and have superior wear properties compared to polypropylene disks used on some other brands
- Our multi-directional chain cannot be incorrectly installed and eliminates the need for frequent tightening common with cable style systems
- The low friction disks gently convey all common pig ration mixtures while minimizing damage or feed separation compared to flexible auger systems
Durable Corner Wheel
The Grow-Disk blue corner wheel makes 90 degree directional changes in the feed line, smoothly conveying feed around corners while minimizing damage to expensive pellet feed mixtures.
Grow-Disk 90° corner wheels are manufactured with heavy duty materials to provide long lasting performance. Interior view shown.
- The Grow-Disk corner wheel housing is constructed of durable, heavy-duty fiberglass reinforced polymer, which is stronger than polypropylene and designed to withstand years of constant use in production environments
- A heavy cast iron corner wheel turns on a stainless steel axle and a low-friction, encapsulated ball bearing
- The self cleaning design prevents feed build-up in the wheel housing providing long-term reliability
- 2.375” corner openings fit Grow-Disk galvanized feed pipe. An adapter is available for 2.36” OD tubing, making the Grow-Disk corner wheel an affordable replacement that can be used on existing systems using 2.36” OD pipe
Grow-Disk galvanized metal feed tube is manufactured of 18 gauge steel to eliminate installation issues associated with PVC chain disk pipe.
Grow-Disk components combine to create a reliable feed delivery system solution for all swine farm feeding needs. Grow-Flex™ fill auger shown mounts to a Grow-Disk fill hopper to supply the system. Grow-Disk feed pipe, couplers and GrowerSELECT straight feed drop shown.
- 20’ long pipe sections do not sag, reducing low spots in the system that cause pre-mature wear on disks
- Galvanized steel pipe resists damage from environmental conditions and is suitable for both lower volume gestation/farrowing feeding and higher volume nursery/finishing/ESF feeding applications
- Grow-Disk pipe couplers are 25% heavier construction than other models and feature four bolts to provide a secure connection
- Pair with GrowerSELECT straight drop adapters to customize feed delivery locations
GrowerSELECT Straight Drop Out
GrowerSELECT straight drop out adapters fit Grow-Disk pipe and can also be used on other chain disk system pipe.
- Easily drop feed from chain disk system pipes directly into gravity drop tubes
- Two-piece design allows drops to be installed without disassembling feed line
- Stainless steel clamps hold the drop securely in place and overlapping seams prevent water entry
- Positive shut off with pull ropes provides simple control of feed output and visual confirmation with green and red pull handles
HSCD-200 Grow-Disk Controller
The GrowerSELECT HSCD200 Grow-Disk controller is a CE certified standalone unit capable of managing feeding operations on both finishing and sow farm installations. A full color 7” LCD display features one touch language selection and provides quick visual status confirmation and text descriptions of current operations and settings.
The HSCD200 Grow-Disk controller is a versatile unit capable of managing feeding programs on both finishing and sow farms.
- Up to 12 feeding cycles per day can be manually or automatically controlled
- Daily feed times, cycle counts and faults history log is stored for up to 60 days
- Current sensor input for overload protection and output monitoring of the drive unit motor, fill auger motor and system alarms
- Control features a custom portable interface for quick program upload/download and a a USB port that allows settings and history log to be imported/exported
- Maximum fill time monitor and trouble light output notify users of potential system issues
Multiple Feeding Options
A proximity switch detects feed in the last drop tube or at the end of the Grow-Disk feed line. The control features a delay setting that allow animals to eat before the next feeding cycle starts.
Users can define up to 12 feed cycle start and dump times over the course of a 24 hour period.
Feed Now Option
Allows users to run feed cycle immediately without waiting for the next programmed feed cycle. This feature is specifically useful following a system fault. After feed now cycle completes, controller immediately returns back to automatic feed mode..
Optional Feed Dump Output
Feed dump settings can be configured on the control for an actuator or electric valve operation, controlling the specific time of day feed is dumped from sow drops. An optional input can be used for a security switch to ensure all feed dump actuators are closed before a feed cycle starts.
Manual Feeding and Dump Control
Users can manually start and stop feeding cycles and dump actuators when automatic operation is not required.
Multifunction Toggle Switch Input
A toggle switch can be connected to manually stop the system and then restart where it left off; or completely stop the system until the next feeding cycle.
Washdown Cycle Mode
Available in manual mode only, controller runs chain disk system 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off for a 4 hour period during barn wash down to prevent moisture to prevent feed caking and reduce water accumulation on system parts.
GrowerSELECT Proximity Switch
The Grow-Disk system offers ultimate flexibility in pig management thanks to the GrowerSELECT proximity switch that is used to notify the Grow-Disk controller when feed is present in the entire line, meaning that all open feeders in the system have been filled.
A GrowerSELECT® proximity switch monitors feed presence in the pipe and signals to stop the system after all open feeders on the line have been filled.
- Nursery and finishing pigs can be sorted from any pen as needed without affecting the operation of the Grow-Disk system, since it doesn’t rely on a hopper/feeder switch to activate feed cycles
- Empty farrowing rooms or stalls will not create issues with pig movements and feed availability
- Feed availability is easily controlled at each individual output location by opening/closing the feed drop or sow drop
- Available kit and replacement parts install directly on the feed line for easy access and adjustment